All walks have had to be cancelled while we are Lockdown. We hope to be able to resume our outdoor activities before too long.
We have resumed our outdoor activities subject to some restrictions required by the Covid regulations.
- Observe Covid requirements by maintaining social distancing within your assigned group.
- Avoid sharing of equipment especially optics.
- Wear a mask when entering hides.
In severe weather, a meeting may be cancelled. Check with walk leader or field trip co-ordinator Tony Cummins.
New members and beginners are welcome. We try to help each other in identifying birds and other wildlife.
Group walks cover about 3 miles and finish by lunchtime, unless indicated otherwise.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear Keep away from cliff edges and river banks
- Watch out for nettles, brambles and overhanging branches
- Remember that some vegetation is harmful
- Beware of barbed wire and of electrified fences
- Inform someone if you leave the group
- Take precautions against sunburn, hypothermia, dehydration and exposure.