Cracking walk today in glorious weather!
Nine participants enjoyed great views of all the birds we expected, BUT THERE WERE QUITE A FEW EXTRAS …..
- singing newly-returned warblers: Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Blackcap (and resident Cetti’s)
- a Bittern(!) working its way along the edge of a reed-bed (sadly, no photo taken)
- a Common Crane coming out from behind the reeds
- a Muntjac deer eating along the base of a hedgerow
- a couple of Brown Hares confident enough to remain in the open for ages
- plenty of butterflies on the wing (Brimstone, Peacock, Comma, Small White, Orange Tip)
- Common Lizards galore basking on logs
- so many Red Kites that we stopped counting! (Plus Buzzard, Kestrel & Marsh Harrier)
It was a truly memorable outing.